Consumers are projected to spend $3 billion holiday dollars in Atlanta this year.1 Let us help you capture these dollars with an ongoing presence across AJC’s print and online channels, Atlanta’s leading sources for news and information and THE go-to source for holidays in 2013. 70% of adults age 18+ plan to spend the same or more on holiday shopping as they did in the previous year.3
Wednesday, November 27: Thanksgiving Edition of Buyer’s Edge Select
- 80% of Black Friday weekend (Thanksgiving through Sunday) shoppers take advantage of promotions and purchase non-gift items from retailers. 2
- Half of Black Friday weekend shoppers rely on advertising circulars for holiday shopping information, compared to only 23% for TV spots and 5% for radio. 2
- Last year, 40% of shoppers were in line by 5 a.m. on Black Friday 2
- 59% of consumers have shopped or plan to shop during Black Friday weekend (Thanksgiving day through Sunday) – up 6% from a year ago. 2
- Last year, the average spend was $424/person – up 6% from the previous year. 2
- A glossy magazine targeted to select intown subscribers that provides an insider’s perspective into the lifestyle, shopping, dining and entertainment destinations in Atlanta’s intown neighborhoods.
- Our Holiday issue will spotlight the best options to enjoy during this special time of year.
- December: Nearly 20% of consumers plan to start holiday shopping.1
- After December 25: Spending doesn’t end on Christmas Day. Consumers will be busy spending gift cards, returning merchandise and catching those after- Christmas sales.
Sources: 1) BIGinsight (Oct. 4 – Oct. 8, 2012); Estimated spend equals national spend times Atlanta CBSA adults (4,003,784) 2) BIGinsight (Nov. 23 – Nov. 24, 2012) 3) BIG insight (Nov.1 – Nov. 6, 2012)